Your Voice will Make a Difference!
Now’s the time to speak. Here are three ways YOU can use your voice to help save the SI Maritime Forest.
Use all or some of these General Talking Points when you call regulators & lawmakers:
- I oppose cutting in the Sullivan’s Island Maritime Forest.
- Removal and severe cutting of thousands of trees and shrubs leaves us dangerously vulnerable to our #1 threat on the island: hurricane storm surge, and asks us to pay to remove the centerpiece of our island resiliency plan, in order to give ocean views and breezes to a few.
- It impacts fragile wetlands and wildlife habitats, a beautiful nature preserve, and introduces the use of poisonous herbicides in an area in which our children play, that could be absorbed in groundwater and carried out to the marshes in storm water runoff.
- Land held in a public land trust should be managed for the benefit of the many, not the few, and the public deserves a voice.
- Add your own thoughts on why preserving the Maritime Forest is important to you.